Wednesday 4 July 2012

Canada Day and new project.

 Last Sunday was Canada Day and we spend the day with friends at a Down-town park. As we all have little one most of the day was spent near play areas. Met for a picnic lunch next to the playground before we had a look around at the festival and heading to the water - splash park.  Here is a photo of LM and a couple of her friends looking at the very high river. They were good and stayed on the path.  The original plan was to go out for supper, but we decided that with 6 adult and 8 tired children this may not be the best plan, so instead we went back to friend's house and order in. A very nice, but long day. LM was still tired on Monday, she asked to leave the table at dinner so she could go to bed.

Wishing my neighbours to the south a Happy 4th of July.

As I had finished a few project these last couple of weeks I decided it was a good time to reward myself and start a new one.  This is a kit that I purchased about a year ago. It was only lap size. I have added more fabric and am going to make a twin size quilt for LM bed.  I think I still need more fabric for the boarder and binding. I not sure if I have enough white and I need some rick-rack, but I decided the best way to work out what I needed was just to start. Once I get all the small pink square done, I will start on the large black & white ones.

I also made a couple of Farmer's Wife block. This is not the best photo, it's a bit bright with the flash, but without they looked very dark.

Stats for the week.

Completed projects - 0
New projects - 1
In progress - 7 (I think, I have lost track and I need to have a good look and work out whats in progress and whats an UFO)

To see what other are working on check out WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Happy Canada Day to you! Love the teal and brown combination - nice blocks.