Sunday, 31 March 2013

Happy Easter

Hoping everyone had a nice Easter weekend.  I have enjoyed mine.  We had a big Easter dinner on Saturday. It was mine turn to cook.  I made way more than was needed, but better than not making enough. I think I'm still stuffed.
 LM and I made Dinosaur Egg again this year. I gave instruction on making these last year here
 This year we served them with home made waffles.  One year, when I'm not doing most of the cooking, I'm going to make devil dinosaur eggs.
I had never made bread before, but decided that I wanted to make bunny buns for the dinner, though the kids would find them fun.

Easter Sunday was just a relaxing day, church and then an afternoon walk before left over for dinner.   Happy Easter

Friday, 22 March 2013

Easter Eggs

I saw a picture of these Easter eggs and just had to try to make some. I can't remember where I saw the photo but I seem to remember a link to homemade glue, I should have paid better attention, as these took a lot of glue.
They are pretty easy to make.  Put a few candy egg inside a balloon, here Little Miss small hand came in handy, and I only had to bribe her with a couple of the chocolate eggs.  Then blow up the balloon to  desired egg size. Then wrap in glue covered yarn, leaving gaps to see the egg but not too big as the eggs will fall out. Wait til dry, pop the balloon and remove, leaving the egg inside. Easier said than done as I was using small balloons and they clung to the candy.
I was running a little low on the glue so some are not a sturdy as they cloud be. These are currently in a pretty bowl as my table center and on Easter I let the kids eat them.  Not sure if I would make them again, but glad I did these as I think they are pretty. Maybe in a few years when LM could be more help.

Thursday, 14 March 2013


So many of my project just seem to come to a stop when I get to the border.  It's not that I find them hard, I just find that I want to move onto the next project.

So this week when I found I had a bit of time to sew I decided to be good and I added the simple boarder to two projects tat had been sitting for quiet some time.  I started by adding this black border to my jungle quilt, I think this frames it nicely. DH is really liking this one so I may have to give it to him once I'm done. I have a plan on how I want to quilt it, which is very usual for me. I found a large multicolour batik in my stash for the backing.

Then I move onto a much smaller project, this table topper. I had planned on making a checker board border, but I made hexie out of the left over charm squares - oops.  So just added more background to make the blocks float and will add simple binding in the rust.  The brown fabric will be the back, more fabric from the stash.  This I think I should finish quickly as its not very big and I'm sure I have a piece of batting I can use for it.

I still find myself thinking of a new projects but hopefully I can be good long enough to get at least one of these finished.