This is a quilt that when I saw the pattern it called to me. It is a simple pattern; I found when I was looking at some 2005 Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazines. The quilt in the magazine was done in oranges and reds, and strong earth tons. I knew that I was going to make it, but in different colours.
As it turned out we were going to Camore the following weekend to go dog sledding and DH agree to go early so I could go to Sugar Pine. If you ever have the change to go dog sledding you should, it was so much fun. I’m getting side tracked, that could be how I end up with so many UFOs.
Anyhow, I wonder around the store looking for the first fabric, the one that would set the colours for the quilt. I ended up with a Laura Burch horse fabric, I had looked at it a few time, but not that big in to horse, DH told me to use it, I think he just wanted me to hurry up and be done. Quickly picked out the rest of the fabrics. The pattern had said to use contrast and to use some fabric that would be a bit of a surprised. There are a couple of fabrics that I think are really ugly, so I thought that was a surprise. The lady cutting the fabric thought I should use more light fabrics, that I didn’t have enough mix of tones. There where two fabric she felt that I should switch out. The staff they is very helpful and normally I take there advise, but I like the feel of the fabrics I had picked, and knew the look I was going for.
I made the quilt top at a weekend spring retreat held each year in May. I am glad I stuck with my fabric choices; this is the next top on my list to quilt