Wednesday 18 July 2012

Lazy Days of Summer

I'm not sure why they are called these the lazy days, it must be for people who are on vacation, as I seem busier than every but don't seem to be getting anything done.

I was another nice weekend, I took Friday off work and meet friends at the local splash pool. We arrived at 9:30 and for about the first hour had the place to our self, by the time it was getting busy the kids had played themselves out and we were ready to leave. Sent the rest of the day relaxing at friend house and when our husband where done work they joined us  for a BBQ supper.

On Saturday was one of LM friend's had a birthday party and Sunday was the Stampede lunch at church, so as you can see I was busy, just not getting anything done.
The only sewing I did this week was cutting out the background squares for LM quite. As I was cutting these square I was starting to rethink this quilt for a LM. Am I crazy making suck a dark background quilt for her? She currently 3 1/2. I will be appliqueing big flowers on top, see the pink block from last post, so it should brightening it up. It just seem odd when working with these dark fabrics that they are for a little girls quilt.

This week I am hoping to get some hand work set up as this I can do when I'm out and about and I am missing having something just ready to grab and go.

Stats for the week.

Completed projects - 0
New projects - 0
In progress - 7

To see what other are working on check out WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

Andrea said...

When Jess was a little girl she loved black - I tried everywhere to get her a black and white coat - she didn't want girl colours - so she said - lol. I think the quilt sounds lovely and can't wait to see it xxx