Wednesday 2 May 2012

Loosing focus

Hello May, boy did you come fast this year. Time just seems to be flying, does that meant I getting old? No, don't answer that. LOL

This last weeks I just couldn't seem to focus on one thing.   the most I got done on any item was Friday night I visited a friend for a sewing evening and made two Farmers wife blocks. I think I will be reworking this first one, there's not enough contrast and it just reads like a bit block of blue when I mix it with the other blocks, I am thinking of just changing out the half square triangles.
I am much happier with this block, I really like the brown fabric, this is one of the ones that I only have a 10inch square off so want to make the most of it.

I did a bit of work on my snowman ornaments.  It took me more time to unpick the snow-angle halo than anything else.
I did start working on adding the binding on my red and white quite. This won't take long now its just the handwork.
After seeing all the kids cloths last week I decided that I wanted to make LM a dress. Now I normally don't sew clothes, I made myself PJ pants a few years back and decided that was the end of me making clothes. But like I said seeing all the cute outfits got me inspired.  I have drafted the pattern and made the lining which I want to check for size before cutting into the main fabric.

Hopefully I will be able to focus a bit better next week and may even get a finish.

Stats
Completed projects - 0
New projects - 1
In progress - 10 (oops, one more than I'm trying to have)

To see what other are working on check out WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments: