Saturday 12 May 2012

Fairmont Sewing

I have unpacked and remember to take photos. While in Fairmont I worked mostly on my Farmer's Wife blocks. I even did a couple of the harder ones. This was good as I knew I needed to get away from just doing the simple ones. I got 9 blocks completed and am super happy with how these are turning out.

I even reworked the block I wasn't happy with from last week.  I didn't want to redo the whole thing but needed to remove some of the blue.
I took a couple of smaller items for when I needed a change.  I added the boarder to my tall stitchery and made the little bag I shared in the last post.
 Of course I had to make a stop at Suger Pine on the way home.  I wanted to get a few more teals and a cream with brown.  Since I picked up most of my fabrics a few years back the teals have moved from blue teal to green teal so it may be harder to get extra fabric than I thought.  I did pick up a couple, most of these are quite small. I think they will add some variety to the blocks. Not sure if all of these will work but will find a use for all of them.
 
I am really enjoying the famer's wife quite and it was a great project to take with me.

1 comment: