This is the third one I have made, used a different pattern than the other two. The small guild I belong to was doing this as a group, and I had the main fabric in my stash. I have quite a small stash by quilting standards, so just the fact that I had the fabric to do it, and it wasn't earmarked for anything else, was a sign that this was the project it was destined for. I will only have small scraps left by the time I do the binding.
I was surprised at how far I got on it. I stitched in the ditch around the stars in the center,
and filled the background in with free-motion leaves. I am pleased with how they turned out. I think this worked well with the soft leaves in the fabric. The best part was how easy they were. Here is a close up of some of the leaf quilting, hopefully you can see it in the photo.
I am not very confident when it comes to doing the quilting, although I am getting better at it. This was quite fun today. Now I just have the boarder left to quilt. Not sure what I am going to do in there. Was thinking about doing leaves, before I did them in the background. I still might :)
Did have something happen that I have not seen before, just finished winding a bobbin, and was taking it off the bobbin winder, when the bobbin snapped in half, and the thread went every where. Looked like a mat of hair. So it may be time to pick up some more bobbins.
I am hoping to finish the quilting on the boarder, and have the binding put on this week, as next weekend I need to pack up the sewing room, as we are having new flooring put in the basement. Hope I have time, as this is a busy week for me. Will kept you posted on how far I get. You never know I may get distracted again. LOL