Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Purple Square quilt finish

This has felt like one of my quickest quilt for a while, but it still took over a year to complete. OK there was only a few days when it was worked on.

In 2009 when I was on mat leave I saw the pattern in a magazine and knew that it was the pattern I had been looking for to use the purple rose fabric. As I hadn't picked up anything for a while I headed of to the QS and picked up all the fabric for the top and binding.

Then it sat until the spring of 2010 when I was going on a weekend retreat and I decided that it would be the perfect project, so I got it all cut before heading out and finished the top.

In the fall I took it to the quilter and I got it back just before Christmas. I think she did a great job. We picked a patter that was quiet curing and included flowers and butterflies to match the images in the purple fabric but contrast with the straight lines of the quilt patter.
During my week of over the holidays I got the binding ready to go and finished in time to take it to my first guild meeting of the year. It feel so nice to finish a bigger project.
I am still not sure what I plan on doing with this quilt, but it is very me. It also looks great in my living room so it may have to stay.


Andrea said...

Yippee - it's a beauty. Really lovely fabrics and the quiltings matches beautifully. You did well girl - lol xxx

Teresa said...

Super quilt - love the fabrics.

julieQ said...

I love it!! Very pretty, and unusual combination of fabrics...it works perfectly!