Sunday 2 January 2011

12 Days of Christmas

I wanted to share the gifts I got as my 12 days of Christmas from one of the guild members. I had a guess when I saw how they were wrapped and I was right, not that it mattered but its fun trying to work out who your secret Santa is.
I was very happy with my gifts, there were also a couple of ornaments, but they were on the tree when this photo was taken. The hand made gifts include a bread basket liner, candle mat and pin cushion. This was so much fun to open every day. The black rolled up fabric is chalk broad fabric, I had never even heard of it, so glad she put a note what it was, I can't wait to find a project for that. She even included a dolls blanket and bag for LM. (Not to mention the chocolates for DH - eaten by time of photos)

I think these gifts were more creative than mine, I just hope the recipient of my 12 days liked their gifts as much. I only made one homemade gift and you may see a pattern here. I made a table runner. This is based on the same pattern but instead of rail fence blocks I did squares with the blocks in the center being fussy-cut Australian animals. This was my last gift and I hope it gives away that I was the Secret Santa.
For once I even made one for myself. The fabric for mine were all aboriginal prints, but its hard to tell once they were cut up. I had to be a bit more careful with the placement on this one to get the pinwheels to work. I love how they all look different from each other.


Floss

No comments: