Thursday 30 December 2010

SSCS

I felt very spoiled this year with my gifts for Choockyblue SSCS. I received this wonderful wall hanging (or table runner) from Shari. It really is the perfect quilt for me, The thing I miss most about not living in Australia (other than my family) is the ocean. I love all the details in this quilt. For better photos visit Shari post here. I think I am going to use it as a wall hanging so I see it more often, I just need to find the perfect spot for it. I live the look of the spot I took the photos, but as it covers the kitchen light switch I don't think it would be very particle. I also think it will look better with out DH holding it up.
She also included other goodies including this cute Kola bag that she picked up at the local school fair for Little Miss. Like I said I think I was very spoiled this year.
Here is the table running I made for Sue as my SSCS. Its uses the same snowman fabric as the ornaments.
This was the only online swap I did this year and I look forward to joining it again next year.

3 comments:

Meggie said...

Love that wallhanging~ that is how I would use it too!
Happy 2011 to your family, and love & hugs from meXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chookyblue...... said...

Shari always puts so much thought into the gifts she makes.......shame the light switch is there........it looks good.......
a great way for you to remember the ocean........
thanks for being part of the SSCS 2010.......
lovely runner for Sue too...........

Shari said...

I am just so glad you like your quilt. I had so much fun with it... and I learned a few things too! Hope it gladdens your heart every time you see it...

Hope your new year is filled with happy times with family and friends!