Friday 29 August 2008

More vacation

I thought I would share a few more of my vacation snaps, we spend a few days in Kelowna, before heading to Penticton. We both like Penticton better, as it was less built up. On the way we we when for a small hike in Peachland to this waterfall (I have a thing for waterfalls)

What I found really cool was watching the Salmon. They were running and we could watch them all trying to get upstream. It was quite fun to watch them struggle and get pushed back down stream.
We also took in the Kettle valley train outside of Summerland. This was fun, I like riding in old forms of transport, it sure was a gentler pace.
I will finish this post with a picture of the beach in Penticton, it was a lovely spot.
Now we are heading back to Calgary, but taking a different route and taking side trips along the way, I did find a couple of quilt stores to stop at, so will make sure to take photos of the purchases to share once we get home.

2 comments:

meggie said...

Nice pics. Looks like you are enjoying your vacation.

*karendianne. said...

Wonderful.

The thoughts and photo about the Salmon takes me back to my childhood. Field trips to watch the Salmon on the Truckee River (Northern California).

Mother nature is magical.

Welcome Home with Love, *karendianne./ Living Life at LeeHaven