I was tagged by Pam to list 8 things about myself.
I am supposed post the rules -link to who tagged you; post the rules; list 8 thing about me; tag other people and then link to their site.
OK, here are my 8 things.
1. I am Australian, I moved to Canada when I was 19. I was meant to go home after a year (didn't quite go to plan). When I first moved here I lived in rural Saskatchewan about 3 km from a small village. I had a boss that would sign me up for all sorts of things -like broom ball, and tell me its like ice hockey, all the Australians can tell you this was no help at all. I had a lot of fun living there.
2. I worked as a Nanny for 6 years before I decided that it was time to go back to school and get my BSc. All the people I met as a nanny was surprised by this; the friend I had from high school thought this sounded a lot more like me.
3. I met my DH at school. We both have the same BSc. but I work in Data Management and he works in Sales. We got married in my home town in 1999.
4. I am a big kid when it comes to water. If there is a lake I want to go swimming in it, even if I don't have a swim suit, there no reason you can't go for a paddle. Yes, this includes glacier-fed lakes. Strangely enough, on my recent trip to Waterton I was the only one in our group that went for a swim in the lake.
5. This will be no surprise after number 4. One of the things I miss the most living in Calgary is the ocean. I love the smell of the salt in the air, and all that water. Whenever I go home or on vacation I try to get at least one day at the beach, even if it's raining.
6. I am the youngest of three children, I have two older brothers. I am very close with my oldest brother.
7. I first showed interest in quilting when I was 15, I asked my mum if we could make a quilt for my bed. So we picked up a couple of books and some fabric and started to hand-piece a quilt. My mother finished the quilt and has been hand-making quilts ever since. I think I finished two blocks that became pillows. My next attempt at quilting was a class in 2002, and I got to use my machine :)
8. As well as my mother quilting, so does my mother-in-law and my sister in law.
This was harder than I thought.
I will tag Welsh Quilter and Quilting Canuck (I think she is on vacation).