Monday 27 August 2007

Tagged - 8 things

I was tagged by Pam to list 8 things about myself.
I am supposed post the rules -link to who tagged you; post the rules; list 8 thing about me; tag other people and then link to their site.

OK, here are my 8 things.
1. I am Australian, I moved to Canada when I was 19. I was meant to go home after a year (didn't quite go to plan). When I first moved here I lived in rural Saskatchewan about 3 km from a small village. I had a boss that would sign me up for all sorts of things -like broom ball, and tell me its like ice hockey, all the Australians can tell you this was no help at all. I had a lot of fun living there.

2. I worked as a Nanny for 6 years before I decided that it was time to go back to school and get my BSc. All the people I met as a nanny was surprised by this; the friend I had from high school thought this sounded a lot more like me.

3. I met my DH at school. We both have the same BSc. but I work in Data Management and he works in Sales. We got married in my home town in 1999.

4. I am a big kid when it comes to water. If there is a lake I want to go swimming in it, even if I don't have a swim suit, there no reason you can't go for a paddle. Yes, this includes glacier-fed lakes. Strangely enough, on my recent trip to Waterton I was the only one in our group that went for a swim in the lake.

5. This will be no surprise after number 4. One of the things I miss the most living in Calgary is the ocean. I love the smell of the salt in the air, and all that water. Whenever I go home or on vacation I try to get at least one day at the beach, even if it's raining.

6. I am the youngest of three children, I have two older brothers. I am very close with my oldest brother.

7. I first showed interest in quilting when I was 15, I asked my mum if we could make a quilt for my bed. So we picked up a couple of books and some fabric and started to hand-piece a quilt. My mother finished the quilt and has been hand-making quilts ever since. I think I finished two blocks that became pillows. My next attempt at quilting was a class in 2002, and I got to use my machine :)

8. As well as my mother quilting, so does my mother-in-law and my sister in law.

This was harder than I thought.

I will tag Welsh Quilter and Quilting Canuck (I think she is on vacation).

4 comments:

Wendy said...

You got you Mum hooked on quilting, sounds like she needed an excuse to get started.
Great post, thanks for sharing.

Nicole said...

Nice to get to know you better!

Andrea said...

Interesting ! I will have a think and try to come up with some stuff about me that will not send everyone to sleep - lol !

mereth said...

Us Aussies crop up everywhere, don't we? I love the ocean too, but only to look at, I'm a big chicken when it comes to sports that involve 'wet'. Much prefer my nive dry sewing room...