Wednesday 19 September 2012

Going Backwards

Sometime you have to go backward to move forwards.  up to a couple of days ago these blocks where joined together as the top half of a "Hot Chocolate" BOM quilt. It had been in the same state for about 5 years.  About 2 years ago I realized that I was never going to finish this.  So it sat, unloved, there nothing wrong with it and if it was finished I'm sure someone would love it. A few weeks ago I gave myself permission not to finish it as a quilt and decided that I would take the 5 finished blocks and make them into wall hanging. I may even do the same with the 3 partially finished ones. Any one want to guess what the girls in my family are getting for Christmas.
I finished a couple more blocks for my herb pillow, I think this pattern has too many french notes, they really slow me down. LOL
My in-laws have been for a visit so last Friday my MIL asked to go to Sugar pine for a day trip, I was happy to drive her, but wasn't going to get anything, but this is my favorite purple and it has polka dots how could I resist and I looked at this cute little wall hanging many times. 
I really must get to doing more sewing if I'm going to keep shopping.

To see what other are working on visit Freshly Pieced

No comments: