Wednesday 15 February 2012

Small Finishes

This week has been super busy which has not allowed for much sewing but I did get two small finishes.
This little dolls quilt came about because of the bonus dolls quilt I made a couple of weeks back. When I made that one I decided that I would add it to my friends daughter 3 birthday present. She also has a twine brother and I was trying to keep they present somewhat similar, a couple of people indicated that their sons also played with dolls quilts so I decided to make him one too.  I use some square I already had cut and tried to pick out boyish ones. I hope he likes it, will find out in a couple of weeks.
For the other little quilt, I stitched the bear when I was on vacation last year. My mum does a lot of handwork so I was looking for some to do while I was there. Found a bear quilt pattern and borrowed one of the bears from it, that I grab the background from her stash and borrow some of her floss. This was the first stitchery I did as a stem stitch and found it a lot quicker than doing back stitch.  Its a bit of a mix of both stitches as I would find myself switching without realizing it.  Once back form the visit I found the boarder fabric in my stash and was very pleased with how it matched the colours I had chosen for the bear.

This week progress
1. Red and While - no progress
2. Jungle - no progress
3.Doll quilt - finished
4. Bear stitchery - finished
5. Mouse stitchery- made binding
6. Tall stitchery - some stitching
7. Guild BOM - no progress
8. Growth chart - no progress
9. Jar table runner - no progress

Stats
Completed projects - 2
New projects - 0
In progress - 9

To see what other are working on visit WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

Wendy said...

The little boy is going to love his new quilt. The stitchery turned out lovely.

Jeanne said...

Small finishes are great, too. Thanks for sharing.