Wednesday 4 May 2011

Retreat


When on retreat last weekend, this is the same retreat I went on last fall. Found packing hard as my sewing room isn't put back together yet, so it was a case of grabbing what was on the top of the pile.
I didn't seem to take very many photos this time. I do like seeing the different things people are working on, at this retreat it looked like a lot of us were making mesh bags. I made these three. The middle one I am keeping and the other two are Christmas presents, so I'm ahead on my Christmas shopping. LOL.
We mad a small take away, aren't these cupcake pin cushions fun. Mine is the tan bottom with the blue top that still needs stuffing.

After finishing my bags I started working on the only jelly roll project I have brought. This is so outside what I normally work on. I really enjoy picking my fabrics, so this feels like I missed that step. I also normally prefer the look of a bit more scrappy quilt. That said I am very happy with how this is turning out so far.This is from Moda and I can remember the name of the line I think it was something Victorian but am not sure. Now that it has started, and am liking it, I'm sure that I will finish it.


Hopefully I get the sewing room somewhat organized this week and will have more to share next week
Floss

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm not really a jelly roll lover either - my favourite part if making a quilt is choosing the fabrics too. I bought 2 jelly rolls a while back and made a quilt top with one. It is very nice but not really 'me' at all. I may finish it one day and give it away. I sold the other jelly roll on eBay. I must say I do like what you've done so far though - the fabrics are lovely xx

Teresa said...

Retreats are just the best. Your bags look great and the pin cushions are cute. I have seen the pin cushions made up around here too and they are so much fun. I like the quilt you are working on - Moda has such pretty fabric lines.