Tuesday 7 September 2010

Quilts off to the quilter.

On Friday I dropped off two quilts to the long arm quilter. They are not going to be done until early December, but she was willing to have them at her place so decided it would be nice to have them out of the sewing room.
The first one is the tulip quilt. This top is reminding me of an English garden, with the tulips and flower fabric as the garden beds, the purple as walk ways and the green as a hedge. That could just be me. I think I'm going to call this one "Tulips in the garden".
The next one is the purple square quilt that I made at retreat in the spring. I find it interesting picking out the pattern for the quilting, its so different that how I would normally quilt them. In someways I like the look of the simple quilting when I do them, or that could just be what I'm telling myself so that I will do them. At least this way these two will get done this year.


We visited the mountains this long weekend so I am planning on sharing photo from that in the next day or two.
Floss

1 comment:

Meggie said...

Really love those purples! I love the second quilt, with it's lovely pattern.