Monday 5 May 2008

Retreat

The weekend retreat was very enjoyable, I didn't get away from work as early as I would have liked on Friday, but was there in time to set up before super. Here is a snap shot I took on the drive out to the mountains.
I didn't get as much done as I had planned, spent most of the time working on the pinwheels for my floral quilt. I hadn't read the entire pattern and didn't realize that they had me cut all the blocks for the 1/2 square triangles bigger than needed so they all needed to be trimmed. I felt like I trimmed blocks all day, but on the bright side my point are excellent.
You can also see in the back that I started another bucket bag. And of course we when shopping. I was planning on picking up about 2 meter of fabric. Some black and the blue in the top left of the photo. Then I saw some really nice light batiks. And in the front of the photo a fun kit.
I also made a cute thread catcher, we all made these I think they are so cute. I will share what some of the other girls were working on later in the week.

3 comments:

meggie said...

Your batiks are lovely!
Taz is very very handsome!

julieQ said...

Very pretty colors. Your pinwheels will look so great!

*karendianne. said...

The mountains really are incredily. Thanks for the photo.

Funny (?) how things turned out with your pinwheels. Perfect points are kinda cool, gotta admit that.


*karendianne.