Sunday 25 May 2008

Heritage Park Quilt Show

This weekend was the Heritage Park quilt show. This is one of my favorite shows, it is a quilt display open to all skill levels, I love seeing all the quilts, this year they was 700 quilts. I love that is not judge, as if it was I would not have the nerve to enter mine and its so nice to see them on display. Normally the quilts blanket the park, hanging from clothes lines, the hotels balcony, as well as tent and indoor displays, unfortunately this year it has been raining lots, so all the out door quilts had to be placed indoors. They do have alternate indoor display area, but it had been so wet that even the quilts in the tents had to be moved. This is the first time I have see that. It was still a wonderful day.
Here is my bargello quilt, I had been hoping to get my first full size photo of it, I guess I will have to be more creative with that.
Can you believe that this is a BOM from one of the local stores, I think this is just stunning.
I love the purple and greens in the circle quilts, I also am inspired about the use of a border fabric in the hanging blue quilt.
These quilts are from the kid section, I love the floral fabric in the nine patch and the frog quilt i so much fun.
This chicken quilts made me smile.
I like the feel of this quilts. I also put in my Australia log cabin. I need to learn how to do a photo montage to show you more photos, as I took lots.

On my last post I showed a kitty quilt that a few of you had asked about the pattern, the girl who made it drafted the pattern, so sorry I can not help you with where to get it.

Have a great week.

9 comments:

Gina said...

Your Bargello quilt looks fabulous. You should enter it into a judged show. You might surprise yourself.

love and hugs xxx

Chookyblue...... said...

thanks for sharing........Picasa is freeware which is good to make collages with......

*karendianne. said...

How neat to see your quilt up on display like that!

What a fun experience. Thanks for sharing.

Cathi said...

Your bargello quilt looks great! Thank you for sharing the pics from the show -- the frog quilt made me smile. It's adorable.

meggie said...

More lovely pics! Thankyou for sharing with us.

julieQ said...

Thank you for the quilt show! Loved the boxes quilt, as well as your bargello.

Andrea said...

Very nice selection of quilts. I agree with Gina - you should enter your bargello into a show - it is a stunner !

Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 said...

All the quilts are so pretty ! I agree with Gina that you should enter your Bargello quilt into a judged show, it's stunning !!! Love your blog, this is my first time here but I will be back often

Teresa said...

Great pictures of great quilts. Thanks for sharing.