Thursday 28 June 2007

Aaarg

Yesterday, decided I was going to sandwich a couple of quilt, at some point quilt tops should become quilts. Cleared the space, got everything ready, lay out the first quilt, everything is going well. DH is being a sweetie and helping (OK. I'm doing it in his office, there is more room in there). Lay out the second quilt, aaarg.... the batting too small, there should be plenty, its not a very big quilt. I asked for 1.4 meter, I paid for 1.4 meters, let's measure it - 1.2meters, what!


So lunch time today, back to the store I go.

"We don't do exchanges on cut fabric" , in the end they did exchange it, but what a pain.



Here is the one I did get done. Now I just need to decide how I am going to quilt it. I took a class to learn feathers a couple of weeks ago, but I still need a lot of practice. Any other ideas?

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Just wanted to say welcome. Your quilt is very striking in those colors.

Wendy said...

Too bad about being shorted on the batting, they should be nice and give you the size you purchased.
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Jenni said...

They should not have hassled you about taking that back. If they cut it too short it isn't your fault. As to quilting it, I'm not the one to give advice really. Maybe look in some books at old quilts and see what they did for quilts similar to yours?