Tuesday 6 January 2009

Happy New Year

Hope your new year has gotten off to a good start. Mine has been filled with baby care and not much else. I guess no surprises there. I wanted to share with you a picture of a parcel that arrived from my mother. These knitted baby clothes were made by my grandmother, who passed away when I was just a teenager, these were made for me to use when I had a child. Before she passed my grandmother made baby clothes for all of her grandchildren to use when they had kids. I don't think anyone thought they would be this long. Its a little out of style, but when sh flits into them, I will be using them.
Here is a quick picture of how peaceful I am when I am sleeping :)

9 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful, beautiful little girl!
Lurking Linda

Pam said...

How wonderful of your grandmother to do that for future great grandchildren. I don't think knitted clothes for babies ever go out of style. Se will look beautiful in them. She does look so peaceful and precious. Congratulations again!!

jodie said...

So peaceful. How lovely to have those reminders of your grandmother. Your daughter will look gorgeous in them.

Gina said...

What a beautiful gift. Your daughter will be dressed in love when she wears them.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

*karendianne. said...

What treasures your grandmother made and I think to myself these things never go out of style.

Thank you for sharing the sweetest little tiny thing ever!

meggie said...

Oh how beautiful your little daughter is!
I love those clothes so lovingly knitted by your grandmother. How sweet of her.

Lynda said...

She is just lovely floss, and even now my teenager's still look just as peaceful when they sleep.

Anonymous said...

Your little one is precious. She will look great in the knitwear from your grandma. What a blessing to have such beautiful family heirlooms for your future grandchildren.

julieQ said...

What a precious little one! It seems like life is like that when you have a baby in the house...not a lot else goes on! enjoy!