Sunday 6 July 2008

Aaarg

Finally get it to my sewing room after week and cleaned of the cobwebs and start to cut a charmed square quilt. Sound fun, but I am cutting the first charm square and I must have cut it wrong, let me check, no these charm squares are not 5". Frustrating they are not even the same size as each other. aaarg! now what. I can no longer make what I had been planning to do, most patterns assume that the charms will be 5". Finally decided to do a scrappy nine patch, can see any thing else to do, other than put it aside in discuss. So frustrating.
Post are better with photos, so here one I took of my mother-in-laws cat when we were out a couple weeks ago.

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Such a cute kitty! It is frustrating when you have your mind set on doing one thing and you get thrown a curve ball. Hope the nine patches go well.

*karendianne. said...

Oh oh oh oh I'm sorry about your quilty problems but it sure was worth this fantastic Kitty Photo! You just made my afternoon.

Nicole said...

How frustrating! At least you figured out something else to do with them so all is not lost.

Teresa said...

Ah, so sorry about your charms. I did something similar, kept cutting a border 6" wide instead of 6.5" wide, did it twice in a row and then looked at my darn ruler - I thought it was a 6.5" ruler, but was only 6" wide. Now whoever heard of a 6" wide ruler!! LOL..that will teach me to pay attention.

Cathi said...

The kitty picture is fantastic.
Sometimes mistakes lead us to make something different and that something different turns out to be really special!

meggie said...

It does make you mad if the squares are not the correct size.
What a cute kitty!

julieQ said...

That is a very neat picture. I am sorry about your cutting problems, having done that myself...more than once!