It has been a busy couple of weeks and I have not be working on 3D flowers. OK, I did a little but don't have much to show for it. I do have a couple of very small projects to share.
On the right is a small quilt I made for LM, it was a fun little kit. Its an odd size, too big for a book mark, too small for a doll quite and the material is fuzzy so don't want to use it as a wall hanging.
The heart was a quick no-sew demo that was shown at guild on Valentine's day. I think I will make a few more of these, as they are quick and fun.
Sunday, 13 February 2011
I have been working on some 3D petals for my floral quilt, and they are taking forever. It doesn't help that I find them a pain to do, so I can always seem to find something else that needs doing. One of the thing that I found to do instead was to finally put my wall hangings up in the sewing room.
I have been making wall hangings with the plan of having them up to see while I am working on new projects, but as they have been finished, they have been added to the pile on top of the cupboard containing my stash. Finally they are on the wall.
I split them into two types. The smaller softer colours are mainly stitchery, which I put on the wall behind my sewing table. This includes one that was a gift (the one with the nice hanger).
The others were bigger and brighter and these went up behind the ironing board and cutting table.
This makes the room feel so much brighter. Now back to 3D petals, unless I find something else that needs doing.
Friday, 4 February 2011
A couple of weeks ago my guild had a in-city retreat, and I was able to go on Saturday. It was such a nice day to spend visiting and sewing. LM cane with me for a bit in the morning so DH could run some errors. I was able to set up and do some visiting, which was a nice way to start the day.
Once DH had picked her up I started work on my jar table runner, and was able to get the top finished. It turned out bigger than I was thinking. That was a bit of a theme for me that day. I love the colours in this and I think the center fabric works perfectly.Some of you may recognize the red fabric I used. I can't remember what quilt this was first used in, but i have been using the left overs for many years, I think this turns up in more of my quilts than any other fabric. I am not a big red person, but I really like the tone of this red.
Then I worked on a charm quilt. I had an idea of what I wanted to do with this charm pack (sorry I don't remember the name) and quickly drew up what I was thinking and when from there. I was thinking it would be a nice small wall hanging, but this too is bigger than I was thinking.
I would like to add a piano keyboard border, but will need to measure it and see if I have enough charm pack left. I have a fat quarter of one of the fabrics for the binding, and the setting triangles fabric is from my stash. The longest part of this project was waiting for me to take the photos.